LA’s Summer of 2017 was punctuated with record-setting heat waves and fires, putting climate change on display right before our eyes. But for the last weekend of Summer, there are still plenty of things to do from art festivals to ocean-view fiestas and classical beach escapes. Here’s our list of top 5 Labor Day weekend activities that can’t be beat:
1) Sharing a cocktail during sunset @ Shutters on the Beach and listen to the live band.
2) It’s a ‘must’ to spend the last official weekend at the beach, but make sure to avoid the overwhelming crowds and head to one of our favorite spots: Hermosa Beach, Malibu county line, Leo Carrillo.
3) Labor Day is the official start of the LA County Fair. From morning till midnight, there’s no shortage of live music, entertainment, food or exhilarating rides.
4) When you don’t feel the need to escape the city, there’s always the classic LA staple: hotel pool parties! LA’s hottest DJs will be spinning from daytime to late night as we celebrate the end of Summer.
5) We all know Nature heals. For full relaxation mode, gather a group, bring your dogs and favorite vegan grilling dishes for a picnic @ Griffith Park.
Share This Article